Creating space for
RE-FRAME * REFOCUS * REDIRECT
Difficult conversations often arise when people disagree with each other - leading to anger, frustration, avoidance and in some cases even intimidation. Usually someone wants to be ‘right’ and when people disagree, it is often due to how they have interpreted the ‘facts’ or the ‘different ways they have of interpreting the situation, conversations or events.
We encourage open conversations about how to make the environment a safe place for sharing, discovery, connection and to deal with issues in a straightforward way. This is a process that creates learning opportunities, encouragement and compassion to learn, grow and nourish rather than criticism and judgement
A facilitated discussion can help you transform a potentially difficult or uncomfortable conversation into an opportunity for growth by:
- Creating the opportunity for both parties to come together and talk through what has been going on with the support of a trained facilitator.
- Allowing each of you to share your story in a conversation so you can see how each of you has created meaning from the situation or the events that have unfolded.
- Being able to express your point of view and the opportunity to hear the other person’s point of view.
- Broadening your understanding of each other’s story and of the overall impact of the conflict.
- Coming to a new understanding of how to move forward for mutual success.
“When we create environments that trigger our vital partnering instincts, toxic and troubled organisational cultures are able to change back to healthy cultures and toxic relationships back to healthy ones.”
Judith E Glaser
Judith E Glaser
What happens in a facilitated session?
Facilitated discussions are flexible and whilst they are tailored to your needs, typically they consist of the following steps:
- Agreement on how you will work together in the session.
- Exploring the desired outcomes from the session.
- Sharing perspectives.
- Sharing what’s important for both of you.
- Contracting for success moving forward.
If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.